sexta-feira, 4 de novembro de 2016

Mais um western para Tarantino

13838116679

Quentin Tarantino pensa em adaptar o livro de Elmore Leonard, Quarenta chibatadas menos uma, como uma mini série para a tv. 

"I've owned the rights for awhile”, Tarantino revealed at a New York press conference Monday. “I get them and I lose them and I get them and I lose them, but there is something about the piece that I think really demands that I make it. It's na Elmore Leonard book called Forty Lashes Less One and I actually think, if you want to call yourself a western director today, you need to do at least three westerns. Back in the '50s, it would be like 12, alright. But, today, it is three, if you really want to put your westerns on the shelf with people like Budd Boetticher and Anthony Mann and [Sam] Peckinpah and stuff. And I would really like to do Forty Lashes Less One as kind of a miniseries. ... I'd write it all and I'd direct it all, but maybe it's four hours or five hours. Something like that and it would fit right along lines with -- if you'd ever read the book -- it would fit right along the lines of The Hateful Eight and Django. It deals with race. It all takes place in Yuma Territorial Prison and it's a really good book and I've always wanted to tell the story. So, we'll see. I'm hoping I'll do that eventually."

via upi.

Nenhum comentário: